Sunday 1 February 2015

There's the Roof

Well the following day saw next to no action on the house. Late afternoon saw a concrete truck arrive to fill in a spot where a down pipe had been cut during the pier drillings.

Friday however saw them working on the roof. It start with the biggest off-the-back-of-a-truck-cranes we have ever seen. So big, that when Bethany saw it she straight out said, "They're just showing how big a crane they could bring on to the block". I don't think she was that far wrong, although from the driveway to the back of the house was quite a way.

Getting home from work, I saw the men still hard at it, right up until 7pm! A very big day, especially seeing we hit well over 30 degrees on the day. It was so late when they finished I couldn't go down and have a look.

The next morning I took these shots about 5:30am, lucky for me as the men arrived bang on 6:00am for another day of work up until 3pm. I think that the roof is finished now. I guess it is now time for the sarking and then colorbond roof to go on.

Here are the latest pictures:
Side view - You can see the 'Bay' window of our master bedroom

Close-up of the bay window
 
Standing on the inside, looking out?

Scaffold around the verandah roof.

 At least it is well-bolted together!

A couple of different views up the driveway



No comments:

Post a Comment